I am in that awkward part of pregnancy when:
- My belling is getting bigger, but it doesn't quite look pregnant yet. It just looks extra chubby.
- I often have indigestion or heartburn. Tums have become my best friend.
- I am tired and worn out much of the time. I look at wheelchairs with fondness and growing jealousy.
- I have belly gas. It stays cooped up inside me and refuses to seep out. My husband doesn't mind this at all, but I do not like the tummy aches. I'd like to feel relief. I'd like to fart.
- When I look at a tiny baby I have all these squishy feelings on the inside, until they start to cry! Then I think: "Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that. Oh, wait..."
- I worry that my baby may not be healthy. Then I tell myself to stop worrying and to not be such a pessimist. Then I feel like a fool for being such an optimist, and I start worrying again.
- I have at least one small headache a day.
- I have multiple pimples and extra hair growing on my face. Yet, I am not at the beautiful point in pregnancy when the hair on my head starts to grow in luscious locks and my nails are extra strong and shiny.
- Insomnia. Enough said.
- When my bladder is about to burst, I quickly go to the bathroom, only to let out a tiny tinkle. Then, 20 minutes later, I am about to burst again.
But, I am so thankful for this little life inside me, and I must remember that the best things come in small packages.
Even uncomfortable, hairy, and awkward packages.